History of Computers Pdf Download, History & Generation of Computers pdf, History of Personal Computers PDF.
|PDF Name||History of Computers Pdf Download|
|No. of Pages||35|
|PDF Size||1.83 MB|
|PDF Category||Education & Jobs|
|Published/Updated||December 13, 2022|
|Source / Credits||mypdf,in|
History of Computers Pdf Download
If you searching for the History of Computers Pdf Download then you are in right place.
Definition of Computer
- A computer is a programmable machine.
- A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a list of instructions.
- A computer is any device that aids humans in performing various kinds of computations or calculations.
1. Tally Sticks
A tally stick was an ancient memory aid device to record and document numbers, quantities, or even messages.
- An abacus is a mechanical device used to aid an individual in performing mathematical calculations.
- The abacus was invented in Babylonia in 2400 B.C.
- The abacus in the form we are most familiar with was first used in China in around 500 B.C.
- It used to perform basic arithmetic operations.
3. Napier’s Bones
- Invented by John Napier in 1614
- Allowed the operator to multiply, divide and calculate square and cube roots by moving the rods around and placing them in specially constructed boards.
- ENIAC stands for Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer.
- It was the first electronic general-purpose computer
- Completed in 1946.
- Developed by John Presper Eckert and John W. Mauchl.
5. UNIVAC 1
- The UNIVAC I (UNIVersal Automatic Computer 1) was the first commercial computer.
- Designed by J. Presper Eckert and John Mauchly.
- EDVAC stands for Electronic Discrete Variable Automatic Computer
- The First Stored Program Computer
- Designed by Von Neumann in 1952.
- It has a memory to hold both a stored program as well as data.
7. The First Portable Computer
- Osborne 1 – the first portable computer.
- Released in 1981 by the Osborne Computer Corporation.
8. The First Computer Company
- The first computer company was the Electronic Controls Company.
- Founded in 1949 by J. Presper Eckert and John
There are five generations of computer:
- First generation – 1946 – 1958
- Second generation – 1959 – 1964
- Third generation – 1965 – 1970
- Fourth generation – 1971 – today
- Fifth generation – Today to future
So, don’t delay and download the PDF from the link given below.
You can download the History of Computers Pdf Download at the link given below:
Report This: If you have any problem with this pdf such as broken link/copyright material please feel free to contact us.